Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ringing in the New Year

This year, me and the hubby spent New Year's Eve shooting a wedding for a terrific couple in Magnolia at The Cowboy Church. This family is so awesome, I can't even tell you. For the first set of engagements, Janet, the bride's mom, invited my kids out to swim at their house and made dinner for us all while I was out with her daughter and future son-in-law. AND, as a thank-you for agreeing to shoot this wedding on the holiday, they got us a fabulous room for the night (see personal blog for those pics). I had a wonderful time and would do it all over again. I know Janet & Amy have been waiting sooo patiently for this preview, so enjoy ladies!
Isn't this a rockin chandelier? If you're gonna call yourself The Cowboy Church, you'd better be ready to back it up!
So I personally ADORE this shot.
Another favorite...
All the girls had matching (if not painful) black & white polka dot pumps...so cute!
These candlelit mason jars lit the path from the main road up to the church.
Amy's mom spent forever on these chocolate "W"s for the reception, but what a terrific idea. I didn't get to eat mine and then forgot it, but Janet says she's got a few extra...yay!
All set for a par-tay!
The cake was lovely, but I really liked the topper myself....
First dance, the way they look at each other is so sweet!
Daddy's girl...
Who knew Zac was such a great singer? He sang Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues" during the reception. I now can add this talent to my list of reasons why I like him!
I almost got a waitress in big trouble for this shot minutes before midnight...
Zac designed this ring for Amy himself...
Happy New Year!!
Waiting for them in their suite...
Awe...Mom and FallYn put in some serious effort and I know that Zac & Amy know how loved they are.
Of course Mom & Dad are now completely broke, but what a great party...hahahahaha!

2 comments:

jwilliams said...

I love the pictures!!!!!!!! You are so fun to work with! I can't wait to see all the rest of the pictures! The bride and groom looked great but the chocolate W's were the best! Jwilliams

sherri said...

These are AWESOME Kris! I love the one of the bridesmaids feet and flowers and the treatment you gave those images. Beautiful!