Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sneak Peek for Amy

So it hadn't rained here in like a month, right? First rule of outdoor photography, always, always, always check the weather. Of course, given the weather of late, I didn't even bother with it. Well, we were at a neighbor's house meeting their newest family member (see personal blog for more details) and I look out their kitchen window and think, "hmmm, those clouds don't look so friendly." The next thing you know, the wind is picking up and whoosh, a down pour. Great. I was so looking forward to this shoot, the bride's mom invited my whole family out for a swim and Jambalaya while we worked. (Yes, I LOVE my clients). I call over to where they are which is much further north (about 45 minutes) to see how the weather was there. The storm had almost passed her and she was seeing a hint of blues skies so we pack up and head out anyway. After the kids make themselves right at home (ugh), Amy is ready to roll and not five minutes after pulling out of their driveway to head to our first destination, my hubby is on my phone. All I can think is, "OH NO, what have my kids done?" He tells me to look out my sunroof and tell him if I noticed those large black clouds heading our way. Ack! We persevere and start to shoot, every mindful to watch for lightning (I love to shoot in the rain, but no lightning please). We decided that the only real important shots are for the save-the-date cards and do a quick change and grab Lola (the bulldog). Once at the golf course, we only get about 15 minutes before lightning lights up the sky. Note to self, ALWAYS CHECK THE WEATHER! The good news is that we will reschedule the fun stuff for cooler (and drier) weather in September. More to the point, here ladies is your sneak peek and thanks so much for your amazing hospitality!



No comments: